- Who are we?
- Data Safety
We promise to keep your data safe, and we will never sell it to third parties. You have the right to access and delete your data.
- What is Personal Information?
This is any information that refers to any individual (referred to henceforth as data). This includes your names, email address and (if selected) the university you attend.
- Why and when do we process your data?
We will only process your data when you enter it directly into our website, be this when registering an account or when using the tools which require you to create a post. We will never collect data without your prior knowledge and consent. Your data is only ever processed to allow you to use the tools; we ourselves promise never to make use of any information entered.
- What data do we collect?
We only ever collect the information that you explicitly provide us with. This includes:
- Your Email Address
- Your First Name
- Your Surname
- Your Password(s) – any and all passwords use one-way encryption to ensure that your data is safe no matter what
- Data you enter in posts
- Do you collaborate with any third parties?
No; we at UniSaver will never share any information with any third parties. It is possible to share your data with anyone via the posting system.
- Most web browser have features which notify you when you receive a cookie. In Edge, you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy” and then selecting “Block all cookies” on the sliding selector. In Firefox, you can adjust your cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Options”, “Privacy”. In Chrome, you can also adjust your cookies by clicking on “Settings”, “Show advanced settings”, “Content settings”, and then “Privacy”.
- How do we protect your data?
Using HTTPS, all data which we transfer is encrypted. All data stored is held in an encrypted database and passwords are one-way encrypted: even we cannot see your password.
- How long do we keep your data?
We will keep your data indefinitely unless you request that we delete it either by emailing email@example.com or by using the user information page to delete your account.
You can also request a copy of all data we store on you by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, and we can also amend / update / change your data if you notify us here or use the tools built into the user system.
This policy is subject to change and we will notify all users via email when this is the case.
- Other Information
If you are a resident of the EU, information about your privacy rights can be found at www.eugdpr.org.